I'm joining in on the writer's workshop this week. I always enjoy reading everyone's but don't join in too often, but this morning I have the time. Click the button and join in.
My prompt: 4.) Write a list of ten things on your mind this week.
WARNING: I've been a tiny bit bitchy this week, so if any of my 10 things come across bitchy, they are, that's how I feel.
1. I work with a lady who is raising her grand daughter. The lady and the kid get on my nerves and have for the 5 years that I have worked here. She has recently taken it to a whole new level. She had unlimited texting put on their cell phone plan so now this woman and her grand daughter text. ALL. DAY. LONG. Yes the grand daughter goes to school and yes she is texting during class while just barely getting by. Now it is none of my business if they want to text each other all day, but what is my business is her damn phone going off all day, AT WORK. We are in separate offices with her's at the front of the building and mine at the back of the building. This isn't a huge building but both of our offices do have walls and doors and are 3 rooms away from each other, yet I still hear her phone get text messages. LADY, turn down your damn phone. It's loud, it's annoying and you are a grand mother, GROW UP!
2. For the past couple of weeks James and I have been making dinner together everynight. While making dinner we have a glass of wine, listen to music and talk about our days. It's relaxing and helps us both unwind from work. This is what our kitchen table looks like while dinner is being cooked.
3. I'm sick of being ridiculed by my family for my political beliefs. I understand that they can believe whichever way they believe and I respect them for it. They have a right to their vote and to have a voice, why don't I have the same rights?
4. Taxes suck. Period. Nothing else. Just suck.
5. Spring is almost here. Time for gardening and lots of ball throwing. This has quickly become my favorite time of the year. I love nothing more than spending an entire Saturday in the yard with James, talking the entire time or saying nothing at all.
6. I absolutely hated the house that we moved into in November and now I love it. It's home, it's our home and reflects our style. When I go home from work everyday I walk through the door and release a sigh of relief that I am finally home.
7. It's been a really bad week, I've cried more than once and yelled more than once. It's Thursday and I finally feel better, just in time for the weekend. Hmmm maybe feeling better and it being close to the weekend have something to do with each other.
8. The other lady that I work with (see #1) just walked in and my mood suddenly changed. Can't she understand that I don't want to hear her stupid stories about nothing? Can't she tell that I am still typing while she is talking, doesn't she get that it's probably safe to assume I am not listening to her?
9. I'm loving Jason Mraz right now, epecially this song.
Sorry the actual music video wasn't good quality.
10. I haven't picked up a book in two weeks and it's time. Hopefully this weekend I will do some reading. My reading desire seems to come in spurts. Once I start reading a book I usually don't stop for much of anything, it's the getting started that is hard for me.
Well, that was a random list, but I got a lot off my mind at once. This makes up for all those posts that I didn't write this week.
Things are starting up again over at our garden blog. Go check it out and see what plans are in store for this year.

1 comment:
Today is the first day I've felt at all better too. And it probably does have something to do with it being Thursday.
Post a Comment