Friday, December 5, 2008

It's Here Again!

Another Friday is here!

While I enjoy every Friday this one is super exciting. This weekend we will be spending time with my cousin, who is also my greatest friend ever, Charli and her husband, who is also named James. If you click that link and go to her blog you will see that she posted this week for the first time since August. I'm trying to get her to post more often so go over and help me encourage her along. haha

Charli and James joined us on the cruise that we went on in October and we are hoping to cruise with them again next year. Charli and I have been planning our next cruise since the week we came back!! We had such a great time with them and honestly I got really spoiled getting to see her everyday for a week. Their room was right across the hall and we could pop over or call any time we wanted.

When we were little we spent A LOT of time together at my grandma's house and me going to their house in the summer. They lived in a tiny and I mean tiny town and it was always so fun to go visit and be able to run around without any worries. As we got older we got even closer and in jr. high and high school we spent the entire summer at my grandmothers. Those summers hold some of the best memories of my life and I would not trade them for anything.

We loved to go riding around, mostly looking for boys, but until we found some to talk to we sang, danced, acting unbelievably dorky and laughed until we were exhausted. One night we talked my grandma into letting us use her car and she told us that we could only put so many miles on it. Well it was an older car and we figured out that if you drove the car backwards it would take miles off. I don't know if all older cars did this or if her's had something wrong with it, but it worked. The problem was that I wasn't old enough to drive and Charli couldn't back a straight line down a country road if her life depended on it, so we found one of those boys and made him do it for us. Now that my friends is SMART!

There are so many stories like that, that I could not even begin to write them all down.

Unfortunately there was a time in our lives when we started to drift apart. You know how life is, everybody grows up, gets jobs, has husbands and you get so wrapped up in all of it that other parts get neglected. Thankfully even though our busy lives continue we are trying to be together as much as possible. We are both making a conscious effort to spend time together and laugh. It's nice to have someone that you can be 100% yourself and know that they will not judge you ever and if you do something stupid they will be the first person there to make fun of you and laugh with you.

Charli has two kids that I just adore. They are both cute as they can be and very pleasant children to be around, this weekend however they are staying with their grandma so we can have some "adult time". I'm so ready to get off work and let the weekend begin, it is going to be a fun time!

I will share with you all on Monday and hopefully I will get a few pictures. Have a good weekend, be safe around all these crazy holiday shoppers!

5 comments:

Diane said...

Family (if you can stand them ;) make the best friends. I love my cousins, though they're all guys, and we have the best time when we're together. Have a GREAT weekend!!!

Michelle said...

It's always nice to have great friends/family to vacation with. Have a great weekend together!

Oh and I like the idea of having your niece make the beaded thong for you. :)

Mandy said...

I have a friend like that, too. One that I grew up with and even as our lives take us in different directions, we still can call each other and tell everything.

Liz said...

Looks like you have a wonderful weekend planned! have a great time!

debi9kids said...

What a fantastic tribute to your love & friendship :)