Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!!

I can't believe that we are here. My last post was on December 19, 2008 and here it is January 5, 2009!

Christmas was really great this year. No fights, no drama, which is saying a whole lot for my family. As far as I know everyone is still on speaking terms, so I give the entire family an A+.

I was off work the Tuesday before Christmas until the Monday following, then last week I worked half days on Wednesday and Friday and was off on Thursday of course. It's Monday again, the Monday of a full work week, it's 1:30 and my body is craving my recliner and some dumb TV. Isn't it funny how fast you can get used to those days off and working that first full day feels like the longest day ever?!?!

We got so much done around the house this weekend and I feel so good about it. We finally broke down and went and bought new blinds for most of the windows in our house. Most of the rooms didn't come with blinds and the ones that did were old and ugly. James got almost all of them hung and they all look so fresh and new. Oh and by the way, nice blinds are EXPENSIVE. When we got there and I picked the ones that I want and then remembered how many we needed, I almost backed out! I didn't because I knew that we had to have them and hopefully this will be the last time we buy them for awhile. The dining room, guest bedroom and master bedroom all got decorations hung on the walls and our house is finally starting to look semi lived in and cared for.

My cousin, Charli, her Mom and her kiddos are coming for the weekend and I can't wait. I haven't seen her kids in awhile and have never seen her baby boy walk! I can't wait to hug, kiss, spoil them rotten and send them home! Isn't that what you are supposed to do with kids that aren't your own? CAN'T WAIT!

Last thing, anyone making any resolutions for the new year. I never do, because I always break them so really what is the point? This year though I'm going to make one that I can actually strive to keep. I'm going to read more. James just fell out of his chair at work when he read that. He think that I read a lot already. I guess that I should rephrase that and say that I'm going to read more of a variety. I get stuck reading the same things a lot and I want to branch out. Right now I'm reading the True Blood book series. HBO made a TV show series out of it and I caught up on the first season and liked it so James got me the whole series for Christmas. After that is done, I'm branching, just wait! Check back with me in a couple of months because there are seven books in this series, so it might take a bit! I'll keep you updated and let you know how I like the books that I'm reading.

1 comment:

KatBouska said...

I'm determined to read more books this year. My list was pathetic. I've got one down.

I was a little disappointed at the tame-ness of last nights show. I'm hoping we get at least one good sloppy srunk scene...and I'll be sitting at the edge of my seat until DeAnna comes back...is it wrong that I kind of still love her??