Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wordful Wednesday - The Green Wall




Angie hosts Wordful Wednesday every week and I'm trying to get back into joining on a regular basis. It's a lot of fun and I love looking at everyone's pictures. Just click the button above to read more about it, then get to posting!

Some of you probably already know that before we moved into our current house we did A LOT of work on it. Almost every wall in the house was painted, including hall ways and closets and only excluding the two bathrooms, which will also get done at some point. We had TONS of help during all of this and my brother (Russell) and his wife (Sheila) even made the 6 hour trip to lend a hand.

Everyone worked their butt's off during the weekend, but I have to say Russell went the extra mile with painting. While the rest of us were slapping on paint with rollers he went around with a paint brush and did all of the trim making the process faster. He is a perfectionist and I have to say all of his work looked a lot better than mine would've. He completed this wall by himself which was quite a job considering he couldn't get the green paint on the other two walls and he made all of the lines amazingly straight.



This wall is in our formal dining room and is my favorite wall in the house! It's different and bold and adds a great punch to the room.

8 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i love the color, great job!

tiarastantrums said...

wow - that is gorgeous

Claremont First Ward said...

I absolutely LOVE this room. Like, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. Fabulous!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

That is a gorgeous wall- great use of color and symmetry!

Jen said...

Oh I LOVE your green wall!!!! Very Chic.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a beautiful room!

Anonymous said...

Love that wall. Green is my favorite color.

Scary Mommy said...

Ohhhhhh, I love that!!! Such a fabulous color!