Last week we took a trip to Barnes and Noble and I came home with two books from my want to read list. I picked up One for the Money by Jane Evanovich and Are You There Vodka? It's Me Chelsea by Chelsea Handler. I was looking for some really light reads at the time and that is exactly what I got.
I chose to read One for the Money first and had the entire book completed in two days. This entire series was talked about on someone else's blog and they said how much they enjoyed it which peaked my interest. I read a lot of blogs and can't seem to find the one that talked about these books, so if you come across my blog and it was you then let me know and I will give you some credit and some linky love! This book is far from being a thought provoking, literary masterpiece and that is why I loved it so much. Sometimes it is nice to read a book just for the entertainment of it all and this book is definitely entertaining. Stephanie Plum is a bounty hunter and this series follows all of the shenanigans that come along with that job title. It's fast, funny and has a who done it that will keep you wondering until the very end. If you are looking for a quick, easy read, I recommend this series. I hope to pick up the second book in the next week or so.
I've never really watched Chelsea Handler's late night show, but I have seen her on some roasts and other things on Comedy Central. I've always thought that she was funny and decided that her book might be good for a laugh. It doesn't disappoint and I have actually laughed out loud on more than one occasion. Each chapter of the book is at a different point in her life that don't really have anything to do with the other, but they are all just Chelsea. She is clever, funny and will uplift any bad mood.
We are headed out of town this weekend so I'm hoping to pick up another book or two tonight, because I know that I will be finished with the Chelsea Handler one way before the driving is done.
Don't forget to let me know what you are reading and recommend away!

6 comments:
I don't read as much as I use to. Maybe that is something I should consider about doing this year.
Maybe I'll take a trip to the bookstore and sees what pops out at me.
I also enjoyed One For The Money. I never read any further than that, but I'm sure they are all good though. Have a great trip btw.
Well, as you know - I am reading Artie Lange's book: Too Fat To Fish. It is funny as well, kinda depressing also... since he has lived/is living a hard life. I do suggest it though.
I rarely read fiction, but have been pouring through Michael Pollan's The Omnivore's Dilemma. It's a bit of a dense read, but very thought-provoking look at modern American agriculture and the link from petroleum to corn to nearly everything that graces your dinner plate.
Just finished "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" It is a very good read.
Brenda - Those both sound good, I will have to read up on them!
Toia - Thanks for stopping by, I wish that I could go to the bookstore with you, I love those places.
Kimber - There are 14 books in the series and then between the number books, it's going to take awhile to make it through all of them! And thanks, we need a weekend getaway.
James - I'm just glad that you are reading something. :P Love you!
Rob - I'm going to go see what The Omnivore Dilemma is all about. James and I both would probably like that.
Debbi - I saw awhile back that Edgar Sawtelle was Oprah's book club book and thought that it might be one that I enjoy. Then I saw you talk about it on your blog and say that you liked it, so I picked it up last night. After I finish Chelsea's book I will start that one.
Post a Comment