So for the past, oh I don't know, maybe year I've been receiving emails from a very large international program. At first I wasn't sure what the program was but now know that it is the Discovery Channel Global Education Program. Pretty cool, right?
I didn't have to apply for the job and I don't even have to respond to the emails to be a part of this company, but I do know a lot of inside information including budgets, what countries participate, where conferences are held and then some little measly everyday stuff. I feel pretty important that they would want me in on their company business. I mean this stuff kind of seems like stuff that you would want to keep within the business but I guess they thought that I would like to be a part of it.
The first email came to my email address along with a cc to another email address also containing the name Mashala. I kindly responded and asked that my address no longer be used for their business purposes as I was obviously not the Mashala they were looking for since I had no earthly idea what the heck they were talking about. I received a response and said I would be taken out of the address book. A couple of weeks go by and nothing. The the next email comes so I emailed this other Mashala at her work email address letting her know that I was getting her emails and knew her business and would like for her to send out an email letting all of her co workers know that this was NOT her email address. Honestly she was pretty rude in her response, saying that she was so sorry that it was such an inconvenience for me to get one email that wasn't mine. I decided not to respond because really want do you say? Beg to be taken off of COMPANY emails, it really doesn't bother me, I just thought that it might bother a company of that size.
Here is it a year later and I'm still getting the emails. Usually a couple a week and at this point I've decided that I think that I'm going to play along. I mean if they see me as important enough to keep me on the inside loop for a year I should probably respond and give my input. I shared my thoughts with James on the matter and he agrees. They are begging for my help. He also gave me a recommendation of what I should do. Here it is directly from our chat window: "I made some revisions to the budget, added 'shoes' to the last page, as I feel it is a necessary to growing our business to its full potential. Perhaps expanding our scope will help to make best of this recession." Isn't he cute? I love it.
Today's email wasn't a budget spreadsheet so I can't use that one today. The poor guy that emailed me is asking his secretary to pull up some "broad budget reports" for them to take to their "March Forum". He was so embarrassed last year when all other branches had them and he didn't. Poor guy. You feel bad for him huh? I know, me too and I think that I will respond with "Yeah, that was embarrassing huh? Boy were our faces red! I will get right on that!"
I mean come on, this is a business, you all obviously have each other's email addresses, how hard is it to send out a mass email and ask people to take me out of the address books and then how hard is it to TAKE ME OUT?!? Oh and another thing, one of the girls named Tammy sends her emails and calls me (well not me, but you know, the other me) Mash. How awful is that? Who wants to be called Mash.? I think that I will respond to that too. "In future please refer to me as Mashala or Shala as I do not like to be called Mash. If I am going to be a part of this company don't I deserve some respect?"
I'll let you know about the responses that I receive back, this could be fun!
Fire nipples
1 day ago

3 comments:
Oooh fun! I would start responding with clearly ridiculous material like,
"Ok I'll get right on that, but hey, while I've got you can you pick me up a burger on your break? I'm starving!!"
or
"Are you busy tonight?? I'm wondering if we could discuss these issues in private...over a private meal at a private restaurant, so it's all very private!?!"
Too funny!
ps I will read yours and only yours. But you must send me a check for 30 dollars every month...I don't know why, but that just sounds fair to me. ;)
that is really crazy. I want to know what happens next.
Maybe if you email something inappropriate they will fire you for sexual harrasment.
Post a Comment